Happy New Year, tea friends! It’s time to look back at the last year, celebrate my accomplishments, and decide on what my goals for next year will be.
Tea by the Numbers
Here are some fun statistics about the things that I did in 2023.
Blog posts: 60
YouTube videos: 8
Podcast interviews: 5
Media quotes: 3
Website visitors: 60,000 visitors from 189 different countries
Teas finished: 72
Teas in stash: 163
Top 10 Blog Posts
I always find it interesting to see what blog posts are the most popular. These posts received the most traffic in 2023.
- Tea Around Town – An Afternoon Tea Bus in NYC
- 20 of the Best Quotes About Tea
- Where Have All the Tea Bloggers Gone?
- Polchageist – This New Pokemon is Full of Matcha!
- Should You Rinse Tea Leaves?
- What Makes Tea Bitter?
- What Do Tea Certifications Mean
- How Long Does Tea Stay Fresh For?
- 5 Reasons Your Gaiwan Should Be Your Best Friend
- Is It Possible to Drink Too Much Tea?
Things to Celebrate
2023 was my fifteenth year writing Tea for Me Please. I also just turned 40 a few days ago. It’s crazy to think how different 25-year-old Nicole was from who I am today. The tea industry has also grown and changed alongside me during that time. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for us.
I’ve been working hard over the last year to update and improve my older blog posts. That has started to pay off as December 2023 was the blog’s highest month of traffic ever. The majority of that came from organic search.
Posting regularly on social media has been a challenge lately, but I was super excited to end the year by finally reaching 16,000 followers on Instagram.
Goals for 2024
Many of my goals for 2024 are similar to those that I had last year. I was able to make a good dent in my tea stash. Traveling to Japan did not work out. Monetizing the blog is an ongoing project, but I’m happy to report that the blog has sustained itself for the year.
Here is what I am hoping to accomplish in the coming year.
- Travel more – I will be speaking at the Toronto Tea Festival later this month so that is off to a good start.
- Coordinate an in-person tea event
- Share tea in my local community
- Launch an online Tea 101 course – this will need to happen after we move in March
- Get back to publishing YouTube videos every week
- Figure out what the subject of my next book will be
Thank you for coming on this tea journey with me, whether you’ve been here from the beginning or you’ve only just started reading! You’re the reason why I have been able to sustain this blog for so many years.
What are your tea goals for next year? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Help Support This Site
Support my work in tea by joining my Patreon community. For $2-$5 a month you’ll receive access to exclusive behind-the-scenes content, my private Discord server, surprise quarterly packages, and more!