I love a traditional bowl of matcha but I don’t have always have the time to dedicate to preparing tea that way. There are a lot of different ways that you can make matcha without a bamboo whisk. Matcha can clump though which can make it difficult to prepare. That is where the JING Tea Matcha Shaker comes in.
What I Love About It
- This shaker is seriously beautiful to look at! I love the matte gold color. It makes the whole thing feel extra fancy.
- It can be used to make matcha hot or iced and does a good job of insulating.
- The metal whisk attachment creates a nice amount of froth while also being durable and easy to clean.
- Its capacity (300ml) is just right for making matcha. It’s not too big or too small to get the job done well.
What I Would Change
- The whisk attachment has a tendency to fall off while drinking. This isn’t a huge deal since it is meant to be removable. I just prefer to leave it on so I can re-shake when needed.
- It would be helpful if there was a way to vent hot matcha after shaking. Open the lid carefully or you might get a matcha shower.
As far as I can tell, this is almost the same design as the shaker that is offered by T2. Ultimately, I purchased this one because I prefer to support smaller tea companies whenever possible. It was £25 when I purchased it last year but £30 still isn’t a bad price for a quality piece of teaware that I use frequently.
Do you think a matcha shaker would be useful? Have you tried this or any other shakers? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!