You know what I haven’t see in a while? A good old fashioned blog tag. Lu Ann from The Cup of Life has tagged me to do a confessions of a tea blogger post. Here’s your chance to learn a bit more about me. Make sure that you check out the blogs that I’ve tagged at the end!
1) First, let’s start with how you were introduced & fell in love with the wonderful beverage of tea.
I’ve always been a big tea drinker but I grew up drinking bagged Red Rose and Lipton black tea. I didn’t really fall in love with tea until I went away to college. Tea helped me focus in class and stay awake during all nighters. After seeing an advertisement for flowering tea, I ordered some and thought that they were the bees knees. Then some Google searching revealed that there was much more to tea and my mind was blown!
2) What was the very first tea blend that you ever tried?
I’m really not sure what my first blend was but chances are it was something Celestial Seasoning when I was in colleage.
3) When did you start your tea blog & what was your hope for creating it?
I started my blog in October of 2008. The initial idea was to have a personal log for myself of what teas I drank but eventually it evolved into a way for me to connect with people who love tea just as much as I do.
4) List one thing most rewarding about your blog & one thing most discouraging.
The most rewarding thing about my blog is hearing from readers who have told me how much I helped them on their journey with tea. Nothing beats that feeling! There aren’t many discouraging things but I’ve had some frustrating moments to be sure. Things like crazy copyright disputes and impatient tea company owner’s can make it more work than I want it to be.
5) What type of tea are you most likely to be caught sipping on?
I drink so many different kinds of tea on a regular basis that it can be hard to tell. If I had to guess I would say an oolong or Darjeeling.
6) Favourite tea latte to indulge in?
Green tea lattes are definitely my guilty pleasure.
7) Favourite treat to pair with your tea?
I actually tend to not eat with my tea very often but when I do, scones or simple cookies fit the bill.
8) If there was one place in the World that you could explore the tea culture at, where would it be & why?
This is such a difficult question! Can I say anywhere that tea is grown? China, Japan, Taiwan, India, Hawaii…they’re all on my wish list.
9) Any tea time rituals you have that you’d like to share?
At least once a week I try to set aside time for a quiet personal tea ceremony. The tea I’m drinking and the way I prepare it changes all of the time but it’s something that I always look forward to.
10) Time of day you enjoy drinking tea the most: Morning, Noon, Night or Anytime?
I drink tea at all hours of the day. Caffeine doesn’t prevent me from sleeping at all so I’ll keep sipping right up until bed time.
11) What’s one thing you wish for tea in the future?
One thing that I wish for tea in the future is for it to become a vehicle for peace. So many countries and cultures around the world celebrate tea. I think it’s the perfect way to promote understanding between people.
— Who do you tag?
*Side Note: When you create your own tag post, please start by letting your readers know who you were initially tagged by. Feel free to use the photo above as well.
**If you end up participating in this TAG, tweet Lu Ann your post so everyone can get to know you more too. You can tweet either accounts: @theteacupoflife OR @teaaholic !