When I saw this tea advent calendar from David’s Tea, I just knew that it had to be part of my holiday preparations this year. The cardboard box was festive and it smelled amazing. The combination of all of the teas inside was intoxicating. I had already reviewed a few of the teas but many of them were new to me. I struggled with exactly how to handle this on the blog since I didn’t want to dedicate an entire month to just one company. Instead, I’ll be regularly updating this post and linking reviews as they get published.
- Day 1 – Buttered Rum – I’ve had this one before. It tastes exactly like what I would imagine buttered rum to taste like. Heavy on the coconut.
- Day 2 – Chocolate Rocket – One of my favorite flavored yerba matés. It’s delicious and gives me a real burst of energy.
- Day 3 – Coco Rooibos Chai – I found myself wishing that this tea had been more authentically chai.
- Day 4 – Salted Caramel – A decadent treat. I could smell the sticky sweetness of this tea before I even took my first sip.
- Day 5 – Cream of Earl Grey – a decent Earl Grey but the vanilla flavoring came off as artificial
- Day 6 – Glitter & Gold – Mesmerizing swirls of gold in a cinnamon and orange flavored black tea. Check out my video!
- Day 7 – Crème Brûlée – a very yummy rooibos based rendition of my favorite dessert.
- Day 8 – Organic Breakfast – a plain and simple breakfast tea
- Day 9 – Hot Lips – all hot cinnmamon and chili pepper spice
- Day 10 – Organic Detox
- Day 11 – Sleigh Ride – a fruity and festive blend that was more Christmassy than it seemed.
- Day 12 – Forever Nuts – I found myself thinking, “Where’s the nuts?”
- Day 13 – Green and Fruity – woodsy and slightly fruity green tea
- Day 14 – Goji Pop – not my cup of tea. It was so cloyingly sweet that it made me nauseous
- Day 15 – Japanese Sencha
- Day 16 – North African Mint
- Day 17 – Checkmate – surprisingly rich and complex, like a less astringent Darjeeling
- Day 18 – Toasted Walnut
- Day 19 – Read My Lips – chocolate minty deliciousness
- Day 20 – Kiwi’s Big Adventure
- Day 21 – Sweet Dreams
- Day 22 – The Skinny
- Day 23 – Vanilla Oolong
- Day 24 – Santa’s Secret
All in all, this was a great buy. I was able to get at least three cups from most of the tins. They wouldn’t be good for long term storage since they have clear lids but they would be an adorable way to share tea with friends.
You can find out more about this tea here.