My Golden Monkey Black Tea Sangria went over pretty well so I thought that I would try a white wine version now that summer is in full swing. These recipes are great because they are so flexible. A red, white and blue theme struck me as perfect to celebrate the 4th of July with. I think it turned out pretty refreshing. Next time, I think I’ll try a sparkling wine for a little bit of extra kick.
1 bottle of white wine (I used Erben Riesling)
1 shot of liqueur of your choice (I used Triple Sec since that’s what I had on hand)
4 cups of water
10 teaspoons of Adagio White Blueberry Tea
1 cup of strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of raspberries
- Heat the water to 180 degrees and steep the tea for 5 minutes.
- Strain and set aside to cool.
- Combine wine and Triple Sec in a pitcher
- Add room temperature tea
- Add fruit and allow to chill
- Serve over ice, garnish with sprig of mint