Did you know that June is National Iced Tea month? I thought it would be a perfect time to share my recipe for making a perfect Arnold Palmer. Named after the American golfer, this combination of iced tea and lemonade is one of my favorite summer drinks. The Takeya Flash Chill Iced Tea Maker makes it super easy to brew the tea and juice the lemons, all with a single tool. The Citrus Juicer attachment is super handy and I plan to play around with it a lot more this summer.
2 packets of Takeya Classic Black Flash Chill Iced Tea
6 lemons (5 for juicing and 1 for garnish)
4 cups of water
1 cup of simple syrup
- Boil 4 cups of water and let it cool for 1 minute
- Steep black tea for 5 minutes and remove leaves
- Add 1 cup of simple syrup (1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water, heated on the stove until the sugar is dissolved
- Fill remainder of pitcher with ice, seal and shake until melted
- Remove one cup of tea from the pitcher
- Screw on the juicer attachment and use it to squeeze five lemons
- Mix well and pour over ice, garnish with a slice of lemon
Everything can be adjusted to taste. I don't like a ton of sweetener but you can always add more if you'd like. Honey or agave can also be substituted for the simple syrup. If you don't have this particular tea, substitute 10 teaspoons of any full bodied black tea. Assam tends to work very well. For a fun twist, add mint or even a bit of sweet tea vodka.
This is not a sponsored post but product was supplied by Takeya USA.