- You’ll have a much easier time writing tweets if it’s something you are passionate about (like tea). It will also make it easier to find people with similar interests. The flip side of that is to try to avoid oversharing. Your followers don’t need to hear about every step you take during your day.
- Don't be afraid to be yourself. Twitter is an excellent place to let your quirky side loose.
- Create content, not clutter! If all you do is self-promote or retweet, no one has any reason to follow you.
- Keep it postive! Spreading negativity is a quick way to loose followers.
- Contrary to popular belief, the key to Twitter is not the number of people following you. There’s not much point to tweeting if you have thousands of followers but no one is listening. Your goal should be meaningful interactions.
- A really good way to find fellow tea drinkers is to the join the Tea Twibe. Clicking on "Who to Follow" on Twitter is also helpful.
- Don’t forget to be social! A lot of people are hesitant to reply to tweets because they think it will clutter up your follower's timeline. As long as your tweet begins with an @username then it will not show unless that person follows both of you, in which case they would probably be interested in joining the conversation.
If you have any other tips to add, I'd love to hear them. Be sure to include your Twitter handle in your comment!